I’d like you to meet Sean Kelly, the founder of a very special company that’s changing how we snack.
While still a college student, Sean began to notice a lack of healthy vending machine snack options in offices and other public places. Today, Sean is solving that problem—and changing office culture—through SnackNation.com.
I’ll bet many of you subscribe to one of the subscription box services that have skyrocketed in popularity over the past few years. I subscribe to a few myself! SnackNation is one such subscription box service, but instead of delivering their monthly boxes of nutritious snacks to individuals, they deliver to offices. SnackNation is so good at keeping office employees happy and healthy that they enjoy an astonishing 90% customer retention rate. And not only is Sean’s business successful—it’s also a passive source of income.
Sean joins me today to reveal how he built his passive income empire and the larger, grander mission behind what he does. You’ll hear his journey to entrepreneurship, his strategies for creating a successful business model, and why he’s committed to building a meaningful business. It’s an inspirational story I can’t wait for you to hear.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The SnackNation business model, and how Sean has adapted it to be a source of passive income.
- How SnackNation maintains its 90% customer retention rate.
- Components of a successful subscription box business.
- How vending machines can operate as a source of passive income.
- The surprising origin story of H.U.M.A.N. and SnackNation.
- How and why Sean’s business is about more than just snacking.
- How SnackNation leverages the human habit-building process.
- A special gift from Sean, and more!
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Who Do You Want Your Customers to Become?
- WillItFlyBook.com – Pat’s new book
- 99Designs.com – $99 Power Pack of services, free!
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Also, please leave an honest review for The SPI Podcast on iTunes. Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show, and I read each and every one of them.
If you have any questions, head on over to AskPat.com. This bite-sized show has more than two million downloads and counting!
Special thanks to Sean for joining me this week. Until next time!